Summer, the most beautiful and most anticipated season of the year, has arrived! Surely this radiant, festive season is the perfect time to host a real estate open house. Right? Right?
Well the fact is that, during the hottest months of the year, some folks actually prefer a ‘closed house’ to an open one. More specifically, they might prefer to stay home in the air conditioning, where it is nice and cool; or go to an indoor activity where they are guaranteed to be both comfortable and entertained, like a movie or a restaurant.
So how exactly do you draw people out into the hot weather elements to come see your ‘hot property’—most literally? Well here are a few suggestions that will render your summertime open house events the ‘hottest’—and, in a weird sort of way, also the coolest—happenings of the season.
1. Crank up the ac. Be certain that the air conditioning is activated and fully operational at your open house event, at all times. Guests will be more likely to linger in and look around a home that is temperate and comfortable at all times.
2. Crank up the fans. In rooms that may be difficult to cool, such as patios and garages, you may wish to activate ceiling fans or facilitate the placement of standalone fans that will serve to cool the area. Again, guests are more likely to spend time in areas that are cool and comfortable.
3. Offer cold drinks. Now we are by no means suggesting that you break out a keg and keep the cold beer flowing all throughout the day; remember that guests may very well be bringing their children to the open house, and will be driving home afterwards! It might be a good idea, though, to offer chilly liquid refreshments such as sparkly and flavored bottled waters, iced teas, punches, etc., to fortify—not to mention cool off—thirsty home buyers.
4. Offer tasty summertime snacks. Guests might really enjoy and appreciate a serving of sumptuous ice cream, a tangy popsicle or ice cream bar, fun sno cones, etc. Aside from cooling off hot home buyers, the serving of these treats will greatly add to the party atmosphere of your open house.
5. Offer novelty hand fans as souvenirs to guests. And if these festive fans just happen to be inscribed with the address and contact number of your open house, then all the better!
Leave a Reply